Sunrise at Lake Okeechobee

I can listen to the same song for hours at a time. I can eat the same food for lunch for weeks at a time (carrots and Jalepeno & Cilantro hummus from Publix). I spent three years with a group of guys playing the same map on Halo (Hang 'Em High) every Monday night from about 6:30 pm until 1 or 2 am. Repetition doesn't bother me.

I hate taking the same way to the same place every time and want to always drive down roads I've never seen before. I want to try new things at old restaurants...to see what my next favorite thing might be. I never drink two of the same beers when I'm out...it's an opportunity to find something I might miss by just sticking with what I know I love. Doing the same thing over and over drives me crazy.

Maybe sunrises and sunsets are the best thing for my soul. Every morning, every night comes the next iteration in a not-quite-timeless string of sunrises and sunsets. Repetition. But...

Never the same, each offering a wildly or imperceptibly different array of color and formation. And, if the rising and setting is nearly exact, the places from which they are taken in provides a new way in which to view them, much like a Guinness had in Malahide, Ireland somehow tastes different than one had at World of Beer in Orlando, Florida.

This particular morning was while my brother, Matt, was visiting. We got up VERY early to drive the two hours to catch these skies. We spent all day shooting all over Florida. It was a good day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Danger, Will Robinson!